April 05, 2007

U.S. Military protecting our freedom, or corporate interests?

I've said in the past that I would never join the U.S. military, not because I hate my country as I'm sure a lot of ignorant right-wingers would like you to think, but because our military is being used to further our corrupt politician's imperialistic agenda and protect corporate interests.


Doesn't that sound like it came out of the mouth of a crazy lefty pot-smoking anti-war hippie?


Well let's here what a retired Lt. Col. who spent 20 years in the U.S. military and worked at the Defense Dept. has to say about what our military is really about and if they'd let their children join:




Clip from the documentary "Why We Fight".

5 comments:

spooked said...

No doubt!

The Silver Shadow said...

Firstly, this is certainly different from the usual bantering you have about Shanksville and no planes and all that fantasy that you harbour within.

Secondly, I do agree with what was said in the video. I would call myself a centrist, but I absolutely despise Bush and his government. If you could post things that actually make sense rather than the crazy fantasies about no planes, that would be better for us all...

Anonymous said...

Another JREF troll.

Anonymous said...

Funny that one would post anon. to complain about JREF'ers.
Would a douchebag

Anonymous said...

Funny that someone would post anonymously to complain about someone who posts anonymously to complain about JREF'ers.